Licensed Clinical Social Worker | LCSW
Curt Wiedey is a graduate of the University of Denver where he received his Master’s Degree in Social Work in 1997. He has a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Communication Studies with a minor in Social Work from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, 1994. Curt has worked in several different settings with various populations for nearly 25 years:
– The Henderson Convalescent Hospital, Patient care
– Las Vegas Center for Children, counseling children ages 6 – 13
– WE CAN – We Eliminate Child Abuse and Neglect
– Opportunity Village – coaching and integrating into the community developmentally disabled adults
– Pikes Peak Hospice’s Children’s Connection, working with grieving families, children ad groups
– New Life Clinics, counseling from a Christian perspective
– Parkview Hospital, counseling adolescents and adults dealing with substance abuse & psychiatric issues
– Recipient of the University of Denver, Dorothea C. Spellman Award
As a clinical social worker, I use a variety of multi-therapeutic techniques. These include cognitive behavioral therapy and solution-focused therapy. The cognitive behavioral approach centers around changing thought patterns to improve emotional state leading to productive behavior. The solution-focused approach emphasizes problem solving to improve quality of life. In an effort to provide the best quality of care, each patient is individually assessed to determine a proper course of treatment.
The counseling practice of Curt Wiedey works to make patients feel comfortable, cared for and honored. Patients are directly involved in forming a treatment plan that leads to a healthy quality of life.
Curt Wiedey, M.S.W., L.C.S.W., is held by State and Federal laws of confidentiality as a mental health professional. All policies and practices will be reviewed at your initial appointment. Most major insurances accepted. Payment required at time of service.
Disclaimer: Although we don’t know all these counselors personally, each one is licensed as a mental health professional in the state where he or she practices and has completed an application that has been reviewed by our staff. We believe that these are Christian therapists who will counsel from a biblical perspective. Please contact their office directly to determine whether their Christian beliefs are in alignment with your own and to find out more regarding their fee and insurance information. For information on counselors in Canada, please contact our Canadian affiliate office.
The information on this site is intended exclusively to provide referrals for those seeking counsel and should not be used for any other marketing or business purpose.