Licensed Clinical Social Worker | LCSW
Curt Wiedey is a graduate of the University of Denver where he received his Master’s Degree in Social Work in 1997. He has a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Communication Studies with a minor in Social Work from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, 1994. Curt has worked in several different settings with various populations for nearly 25 years:
– The Henderson Convalescent Hospital, Patient care
– Las Vegas Center for Children, counseling children ages 6 – 13
– WE CAN – We Eliminate Child Abuse and Neglect
– Opportunity Village – coaching and integrating into the community developmentally disabled adults
– Pikes Peak Hospice’s Children’s Connection, working with grieving families, children ad groups
– New Life Clinics, counseling from a Christian perspective
– Parkview Hospital, counseling adolescents and adults dealing with substance abuse & psychiatric issues
– Recipient of the University of Denver, Dorothea C. Spellman Award
As a clinical social worker, I use a variety of multi-therapeutic techniques. These include cognitive behavioral therapy and solution-focused therapy. The cognitive behavioral approach centers around changing thought patterns to improve emotional state leading to productive behavior. The solution-focused approach emphasizes problem solving to improve quality of life. In an effort to provide the best quality of care, each patient is individually assessed to determine a proper course of treatment.
The counseling practice of Curt Wiedey works to make patients feel comfortable, cared for and honored. Patients are directly involved in forming a treatment plan that leads to a healthy quality of life.
Curt Wiedey, M.S.W., L.C.S.W., is held by State and Federal laws of confidentiality as a mental health professional. All policies and practices will be reviewed at your initial appointment. Most major insurances accepted. Payment required at time of service.